Process checks electronically without ever having to go to the bank.
Electronic Check Solutions
Our Electronic Check processing solutions turn paper checks into electronic transactions.
Benefits of Accepting Checks Electronically
- Increase sales by safely accepting checks
- Faster availability of funds
- Eliminate check handling labor and trips to the bank
- Reduce fees — decrease bank fees associated with check returns and check handling expenses, and eliminate NSF and other banking fees
- Enhanced security — safer than cash and paper check processing
- Eliminate bad checks for security and peace of mind
- No paper claims for bad checks
- Free, detailed online reporting of all activity
Point of Sale Conversion
Used for face-to-face transactions. Enables merchants to process checks like a credit card.
- Paper checks are accepted during face-to-face transactions at the point-of-sale.
- Checks are run through a check imager or reader connected to a credit card terminal.
- The funds are electronically debited from the consumer’s checking account.
- Funds are then electronically deposited into the merchant’s bank account in 2-3 business days
Allows merchants to accept any type of check, in a point of sale or consumer -not-present environment. Guaranteed funding option available.
- Paper checks are received in the mail, drop box or in person (accept all types of checks at both point of sale and consumer-not-present environments).
- Checks are run through a check scanner connected to a PC (check scanner will have capability of scanning both sides of the check).
- Funds are electronically debited from the consumer’s checking account.
- Funds are then electronically deposited into the merchant’s account in 2-3 days (8 business days for payroll checks). Merchants can use existing account – no need for a separate account. Checks-by-Web
Allows merchants to accept payments through:
- Consumer Initiated Debit
- Bill Pay
- The consumer initiates the transaction on the merchant’s website or payment gateway. The consumer clicks “Agree” or “Accept,” providing authorization to instantly debit their checking account.
- The payment gateway communicates with the check processor which provides instant approval or decline.
- Funds are electronically debited from the client’s checking account.
- Funds are electronically deposited into the merchant’s bank account in 3-7 business days.
Allows merchants to process customer checks over the phone. Funds are sent via ACH and guaranteed.
- The consumer gives written or verbal authorization over the phone to electronically debit their checking account.
- Transaction information is uploaded to the processor through a variety of options including web-based virtual terminals, certified third party payment gateways, web services API, or batch file uploading.
- The funds are electronically debited from the client’s checking account.
- The funds are then electronically deposited into the merchant’s bank account in 5-7 business days.
Consumer Convenience Fee
Allows merchants to pass through the processing costs to the customer, resulting in no-fee processing.
The Consumer Convenience Fee option provides merchants the opportunity to pass check processing costs to consumers. The customers pay processing fees required to cover the transaction. Businesses are able to enjoy fast, secure check processing at no cost.